The summer transfer window is approaching and there is a lot of gossip about who will be moving where. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course closed deals!
TOP STORY: Kounde wants Barca to move to the Premier League
Mundo Deportivo report that Jules Kounde, 23, has told Sevilla that he would rather join Barcelona this summer than move to Premier League clubs Chelsea or Newcastle United.
That’s a huge blow in particular for Chelsea, who were chasing the Frenchman after losing both Antonio Rudiger and Andreas Christensen on free transfers.
The centre-back is reportedly Xavi Hernández’s first choice to bolster the defensive line, along with the aforementioned Christensen, who is expected to arrive at the Camp Nou in the coming weeks. Club legend Gerard Piqué is not part of the Barça coach’s plans for next season.
Despite the fact that the two English clubs are willing to pay Kounde’s €90m release clause, Sevilla would accept between €65m and €70m for the French international to go to his preferred destination, as the team Catalan would be preparing an exchange proposal that includes 21-year-old players. -Former lateral Sergino Dest.
However, any transfer could still be in doubt as Kounde recently underwent minor surgery following an injury while playing for France, which will see him sidelined for at least a month.
– ESPN+ Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (USA)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– Don’t you have ESPN? Get instant access
– West Ham United are interested in the Southampton captain James Ward-ProwseAccording to The Mirror. The 27-year-old England international had an impressive campaign in the Premier League, notching a career-high 10 goals and five assists in 26 league appearances. David Moyes is reportedly looking to add depth to the Hammers midfield for next season with top-tier ready players and the dead-ball specialist is seen as a proven talent.
– Internazionale have signed a loan of 5 million euros for Romelu Lukaku rejected by Chelsea, reports Fabricius Romano. After the two sides opened official negotiations on the 29-year-old on Wednesday, Inter saw their initial offer for him decline.
After a disappointing season for the Blues, in which the club’s record £97.5m signing managed just eight league goals, the striker is set to walk away from Stamford Bridge this summer. However, the Belgian international is determined to rejoin the Nerazzurri and so the talks for the striker will continue this week.
– Another of Fabricius Romano here, who reports that Andreas Pereira he is set to return to Manchester United after a season-long loan with Flamengo. The 26-year-old will return to Old Trafford before pre-season, and the Brazilian side are unwilling to exercise their €10.5m option to keep the midfielder permanently. Pereira could still be ready to leave the Red Devils this summer, with only a year remaining on his contract and reportedly not part of Erik ten Hag’s plans for next season.
– Bournemouth is close to closing a deal with ryan fredericks as part of a triple transfer raid, The Sun reports. The 29-year-old is available on a free transfer, with his contract at West Ham due to expire at the end of this month, after making 77 appearances in four years for the Hammers.
Scott Parker’s team is also set to sign the 27-year-old midfielder. joe rothwellwho is out of contract this summer, while the 23-year-old midfielder marcus tavernier He only has one year left on his contract with Middlesbrough and is reportedly available to join the Cherries for a lower fee.
– Fiorentina prepare an initial offer of 10 million euros for Shakhtar Donetsk Geezerwrite sky sports. The 23-year-old Brazilian right-back, who made 26 appearances for the Ukrainian team this season, has already been linked to Barcelona as heir to Dani Alves’ departure. Fiorentina also seeks to replace Alvaro Odriozolaas the 26-year-old defender will return to Real Madrid this summer after a season on loan.